Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Counting down to the trip to the airport.....



The days seem to be speeding by. It is forcing me into this foggy future that is in front of me. I thought about writing a book. I thought, well, my blog posts are so depressing I'm sure any book I wrote would be equally sad. Then, I thought I need to stop being depressed. I can't change anything that is happening. I raised two children to adulthood who had no drug problems, no arrests, graduated high school, one finished college the other is making plans to use his GI bill. I have two children who have no children at 23 and 24. They have good morals and they are pretty awesome people, if I do say so myself. So I have to change my paradigm. But to what? I have zero idea and this blog post will not even start trying to rationalize that. I have realized one thing. I have to wait till she leaves to figure out what I will become, or who I am. It may look like me now, and it may look completely different.

So I am going to lighten this up with a funny story from last week. Now, when I say funny, I don't really mean funny Haha. I mean funny, my husband is lucky to be alive. (That is a joke, I in NO way condone violence in any way towards anyone. But I may have jokingly told him that he was lucky I wasn't motivated enough to shoot him in the butt.) So, we had a tropical storm last week. There is a tree on the side of our driveway that I have mentioned a few times we need to get a quote on having it taken down.....we need to rent a tall ladder and check some branches......etc etc. Ok tropical storm. So, storm is going on and early in the am there is a LOUD bang. I think man that thing hit our van. I'm hoping it dented the roof big deal.....we will have a dented roof on our van. Nope. Not even a chance of that. It fell right in the middle of our front window. It was lovely! So I go online and order a replacement window and prepay for it. They come out and do an amazing job replacing the window. (We paid for it because it was under our copay for home insurance and auto said because it was a tree on our property our home owners had to cover it). Ok now, my husband notices there is another hanging branch in the tree. Before we got the window replaced I tell him he should try to throw something up and knock it down and until then park the vehicle out of the reach of the branch.

I know you know where this is going....I know you can hear me taking a deep breath and talking myself out of jail time....I know..... So, what happened next was after the BEAUTIFUL new windshield was put in at around 930 am. That evening, we hear another loud noise. I looked at my husband. I said, please tell me you got that branch out of that tree. The look on his face told me right away that he had not. I took a deep breath and I said ok. You better go check because if I see it, we are going to have a problem. Sure enough.....branch #2....in the window and not fixable with a fill. Another $450 into ANOTHER window. So much for a savings account right? So, Tuesday of last week, someone came out again and replaced our window. I looked at my husband and I said, park where there are no chances of tree branches. I said if you see a tree branch hanging find your tool that you were supposed to throw up on the last one and do it. Don't see something else you want to get done just do it!

If only I was taller than 5'2" tall and this tree wasn't like 25 feet tall. Also, I should add I throw 'like a girl'. Its so true too. I am not a sports girl. I was a band geek. I did absolutely ZERO sports. I am aok with that because when I tried to do sports, I failed miserably.

I honestly have really started looking back at the quotes and speeches done by people I really respect. Have you ever heard of Sam Glenn? In my former life in Illinois, my employer showed a lot of his videos. Literally a week after we got relocated and we were spinning from a new place where we knew no one. On his fb page he posted a painting he had done of an angel. He said he was thinking about trashing it because it had a hole in it. I commented that sometimes the holes and mistakes are what make something wonderful and not to trash it. What I didn't know is that he was waiting to see who would have a positive answer to the post. I was the first to comment and he mailed me that painting. I need to put it in the house where I can see it all the time to remind me. If you haven't seen any of his talks, I am connecting on here my faves.





This is a short blog. Mainly because overall I have so much still to do before she leaves and I have to get my house in order and I already did two HUGE long posts last week that I am sure wore you out! I am going to start listening to Sam Glenn. I am going to use what he has put out in the ether to change my attitude about this. See y'all Friday...….I will probably be scheduling that post. Unless she is leaving the following week. We are waiting to see when they want her to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment