Monday, August 3, 2015

Our Exchange Student Experience Part 1 of 5 million (HA)

      Welcome to this part of my page.  Ok it's just another blog post and they will be smattered in and out of here.  Here is the thing, my blog is about my life.  There is nothing in my life that is single sided.  I am who I am and I will share all opinions and activities as well as review places we go and things we do and things we try.  You have an inside window to our life.


     This is Triet.  He will be our student here for this school year.  His English so far seems very good.  He is from Vietnam.  I don't know a whole lot about the culture but I am going to get a first hand experience coming up for the next 10 months.  Then it will be hard to say goodbye.

     Our student is 16.  We selected him because he seemed to have a lot of the same interests as my own children and I think they will mesh well.  He seems very excited to come.  We have spoken via facebook and via email.  We are very excited to welcome to our home.  We aren't perfect but we hope he is happy and supported and has a good time.

     I think there is going to be some communication issues not because he doesn't know english but because of how we think about things.  But, it is all growth.  Growth is good.  We will all change from this experience.  So just a wait and see situation.  I can't wait to meet him in person.  Fingers crossed all goes well.  We are ready now haha.

     There will be lots of photos and information on what we do and how we did it.  Just in case other families are interested.  If you have ever thought about having a student stay with you feel free to send me an email or comment on this story.  I will be happy to help however I can. I can also connect you with the group we use if you want more information.  They are really good.  All students and their families have extensive background checks etc.  It is a great experience for everyone involved.

     Stay tuned for more with learning about Vietnam and learning about America!

No comments:

Post a Comment