Thursday, February 9, 2017

Sorry for the delay in my posts!

Well, we were transitioning over to a different format but, after some investigation we decided it was not for us. Then, the election picked up steam and quite honestly, I did not wish to be in a position to state my opinions on some things and decided to take time with my family until a President was in place Here is the thing, he is the president like it or not. He has been inaugurated and now it is time to get to being Americans. We can disagree about policy etc. It all good. I don't have to agree with you and you don't have to agree with me. And that is all I will say on Politics. So, now we are back! A lot has changed since our last posts so I will try to catch you up! Let's pretend this is our crazy Christmas letter, ya know the one that you throw away when you get it in your card? Well, let's see, our student from Vietnam went home. Sad family. Then our student from Italy came for a Month. MISS her now too. Then we got a student from Germany on the same day our Italian student left. She arrived in August. Since we had 2 great students, well, we thought we would get one again, that is not how it worked out. I don't know to this moment if it was just a huge cultural difference or if it was something that happened in September. I mean, I know German people. I have never had an issue with them. So, I really don't see the cultural aspects that could have caused what happened. She refused to pick up after herself, or help around the house. if we started cleaning up after dinner she would get up walk away and disappear. She wouldn't get off her phone and was constantly on social media even though she knew that it was against the rules. She would demand for us to take her places even after we said we only go to Walmart as needed and generally a specific day. She made rude comments about our friends. She was just really rude. I would come home after working a long day and she would say what are you making for dinner. I would usually just ignore it. But then there was the tripling in our water bill, going through a gallon of milk and juice every day, going through a case of toilet paper in one week. That is 16 rolls. Then our plumbing started to back up and she put aluminum foil in the microwave and destroyed it. Overall we are out a bunch of money over this and had to request she be relocated. It was not good. But, she wasn't that aggressive until I got my DNA test back from Anscestry.com. It said that I was part Jewish. She said you go to a Christian church I said, well apparently 5% of me has relatives that were Jewish. Right after that was when it all went nuts. Normally that may not matter, but, she did come from Berlin. So, yeah, we have no idea. Overall I think I am glad that my kid are now too old for us to host anything other than a college age student. I think my family needs some down time. On other news, I actually QUIT MY JOB! I had joined with a company called Mary & Martha (www.mymaryandmartha.com/lynnjansen) and my job kept just changing. I started out doing my job. Then I was doing 2 people's jobs. Then I was doing 3 people's jobs. No extra compensation and no overtime. And then they wanted to add more stuff to my plate. It was not a good situation. I am devoting 100% of my time now to Blogging, Mary & Martha and soon Lularoe! I am so excited about that. We are in the que and with where they are in the que I am expecting to get the call somewhere around the 20th of this month (yes I know that is a Sunday! You can check out our FB page at https://www.facebook.com/LularoePaisleyPanda/ and Periscopy @lularoelynnjansen. Hope to see you soon! We are going to have a blast! Otherwise, things are amazing and wonderful. We have a wonderful church we go to with some seriously amazing people. I am super blessed Be watching on Friday for Faith Fridays and more posts during the weeks to come. I will definitely show you how our Lularoom has been created and what we got etc! So excited! Have a good one. Welcome back! Thank you for coming back or Thank you for joining!

No comments:

Post a Comment