Monday, September 12, 2016

The Political Arena

I very much have tried to stay open minded through this entire year of fighting and mudslinging which is known as an election year. I was open to hearing every side out and pick the best person to put in the Whitehouse. The job of president is NOT without amazing stress and amazing required determination. The person who lives in that house must put America first. I have watched as the president,which I voted for 8 years ago, went from a man I believed could make a change for parts of our society that desperately needed a voice failed over and over again. I believed him when he said that we needed to be one america. I have watched while he depleted our military to a point where we are now beatable. I watched while he stood up for illegal immigrants and while he failed my African american brothers and sisters. I have friends who still think he is the best president ever but none of them are low income, none of them have a job that doesn't offer insurance so they have never tried to navigate. Because I work in the medical field, I have seen these people daily in my life. Interacted with them and heard their stories.

Now, getting to the final 2. I don't appreciate listening to people calling people who support the other party names. Hillary's comment of people being a 'basket deplorables' Previously, Mitt Romney had referenced how 47 percent of america didn't matter. Obama stated that the people in the rural areas had a regrettable attachment to God and guns. I also take issue with calling people racist.

I will preface my comments on here that I am still investigating third party options I have not decided and may not decide until I walk into that voting booth but I see some glaring issues that just have me definitely against one person which yes, I know makes this a dangerous post and one that could get me in trouble with some of my readers. But, the great part about America you can either respect that fact that I am practicing my rights to free speech or you can attack me out of anger because I don't agree with you (check my next post about that topic).

Hillary Clinton has called Trump a racist over his desire to review who is here illegally and deport most if not all of them. The first misconception of this is that all illegal immigrants are Mexican or Hispanic. 40% of illegal immigrants are NOT Hispanic at all. In 2005, there were 11 million undocumented immigrants and 6.5 of those were Hispanic. That leaves 4.5 million people in the US who are not Hispanic and NOT legal. Trump realizes this and knows that all of these people need to follow the same rules that everyone else who comes to our country follows. You see while these people are overstaying their Visas or sneaking over the boarder, thousands of people are waiting to be able to come here the legal way. They have gotten a sponsor, they have worked on having the funds to support themselves for at least 6 months once they get here etc. etc. Why should we disrespect those who come from other countries with a dream and do it the right way and give it over to people who want to sneak in or just not go home like they were supposed to. So calling someone racist because 'all immigrants are Hispanic' is actually the racist belief. I will address immigration in a further blog but I wanted to touch on this.

Hillary has asked us to believe (a few days ago) that she received no training in how to handle classified information. She was a first lady and a senator and a Secretary of State. As a military mother and previously a military spouse I was trained in what is considered classified. It was drilled in our head. There is NO WAY that she wasn't shown. But then fast forward 3 days to the presidential interviews with Matt Lauer. She then talked about how she was trained and knew the difference. Which is it? We all know she knew what was classified and instead of saying I screwed up she is still saying she did nothing wrong. She lied and said her daughter erased the server. Then it comes out her attorney team did it with a program they knew would completely wipe the emails forever.

There is no way I can vote for Hillary. Not withstanding her past history of lies and being fired from jobs for being unethical, her stance so far during this election is that she has lied over and over again and thinks the american people are just stupid. Sadly I have seen many people who are. They believe her lies, they excuse when she is caught and they see her do no wrong. I am not sure where they are coming from or how they can overlook the outright deception of this candidate.

Hillary's team has accused Trump supporters of being violent etc etc. The only people I see being aggressive and being keyboard warriors attacking others are Hillary Supporters. They did it to Bernie Supporters and they have done it to supporters of anyone but their candidate. The only people I show getting in other people's faces and yelling are Hillary supporters.

I also have a major issue with her views on Guns, Immigration (IE we can't just bring in immigrants of any culture who are not properly vetted and an open door policy is a death sentence for many Americans) and her abortion up to 30 weeks, is not even something I will address further, but I do not agree.

Now you have the concerns about her health. I have seen some of the videos showing her being unsteady, falling, tremors etc. Yesterday she collapsed and I watched tremors before she went down. There is more that is going on than 'Pneumonia". Yes Pneumonia can give you a larger chance at being dehydrated. That being said, that was not what I saw. The only reason you would hide a condition is if it is something that would make her ineligible. My concern is this, is she so set on winning over anything else that she would risk our country due to her medical condition. Would she put us at risk because she could be in another country and collapse, or have a brain issue that makes her not make appropriate decisions and she could risk us all? I don't think I am at all OK with this. So for me Hillary is definitely out. I will be reviewing other candidates on here such as Stein and Johnson as well. I am definitely interested in one of these candidates and I will explain why soon. This is a 4 part weekly blog to review the political arena and our options.

Make sure you follow me for updates! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Southern-Yankee-Blogging-414162468673211/ Snapchat: lynn74 Instagram: Lynnmjansen

No comments:

Post a Comment